Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good Enough To Eat


When it comes to baking, I know that I may not be the most elegant of dessert connoisseurs or the most delicate of decorators, but I like to think that I know my limitations, and I know that I am a heck of a lot better at layering a terrine than, say, painting a portrait. Or throwing a clay pot. Or knitting. Or, frankly, anything remotely artistic. For example, in an ill-fated childhood foray into design I once sewed together dried orange peels in an attempt to fashion an avant-garde costume for a stuffed animal, so...yeah. Similarly, I'm sure there are plenty of readers out there that are gifted with deft sewing fingers, crafty scrapbooking hands and a headful of decoupage ideas that would put Martha to shame, but feel they come up short in the baking department. For all those crafty dessert fans that, for one reason or another, can't express their cupcake love in the kitchen--this new book from Lynn Koolish is for you!

"Cupcakes! 30+ Yummy Projects to Sew, Quilt, Knit and Bake" is devoted entirely to crafts paying homage to the cupcake! Pin cushions, recipe boxes, picture frames, you name it. If you're crafty enough to crank out any of these adorable projects, I am very jealous. I'm also on the lookout for cupcake-themed cup cozies, so remember to keep your Cupcake Avenger in mind if you are so artfully inclined :) In addition to adding a playful touch around the home, the best thing about these cupcake crafts is that they're all fat-free, so feel free to indulge!

No comments:

Post a Comment