If you've ever worked with mangoes before, you've probably looked up one of those helpful online guides that show you how to score the flesh into a grid pattern so the fruit just POPS right off, magically, from the skin. Well, as you can see, mine wasn't quite so magical, but I did manage to figure it out after some trial and error.
Mango Coconut Bread
makes 2 loaves
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup flaked coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup mango nectar
1/4 cup coconut water
2 1/2 cups mangoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 if using ceramic, glass, or dark metal pans). Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt, coconut, sugar) in a medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly with oil, mango nectar and coconut water. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
4. Add mangoes and lemon juice. Stir just until incorporated.
5. Pour into pans, bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.